Campaign to Honor President Barack Obama
Honoring President #ObamaMatters
As a two-term president, Barack Obama’s policies created a huge impact both in our lives and American history. His legacy is something we hope to perpetuate by allowing more Americans to be aware of its long-term benefits. Learn about the 21 achievements that shaped President Obama’s legacy: President Obama Legacy
- The Affordable Care Act (better known as Obamacare) which provided 20 million Americans with health insurance coverage. President Obama Legacy
- 11.3 million jobs created, causing unemployment rates to drop to its lowest since 2007, to as low as 4.7 %. President Obama Legacy
- Actions were taken to protect the planet and combat climate change, such as the Clean Power Plan; the signing of the international Paris Agreement, and the introduction of new fuel efficiency standards. President Obama Legacy
- The growth of investments in solar and wind power which resulted in lower energy prices in both industries.
- The Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell policy repealed, enabling gay and lesbian Americans to openly serve in the military.
- The signing of the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Play Act and the creation of the National Equal Pay Enforcement Task Force; measures countering wage discrimination.
- Counter-terrorism efforts against Al-Qaeda meet with success headway with the demise of Osama Bin Laden.
- After more than 50 years, the revival of diplomatic ties between the United States and Cuba.
- Through bailouts of troubled industry giants, General Motors and Chrysler, the American auto industry was revived.
- The legalization of same-sex marriage and grant of equal social security and other marriage benefits as ordered by the Supreme Court.
- Obama signed an executive order that made it illegal for federal contractors to discriminate based on sexual orientation or gender identity.
- To protect 757,578 square miles of land, Obama declared 29 areas as new national monuments.
- To expand previous hate crime legislation, Obama signed the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act.
- With five other world powers and Iran, the US entered into an agreement to stop Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon.
- The No Child Left Behind law was replaced with the Every Student Succeeds Act, resulting in an 83.2% increase in high school graduation rates.
- To limit excessive financial risk, Obama signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
- As stock market values rose during Obama’s term, the country’s financial deficit decreased by almost 75%.
- The enactment of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals granting temporary legal status to youths brought into America illegally.
- The reduction of the number of troops deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan.
- A one-third decrease in the number of homeless American veterans.
- The introduction of net neutrality rules ensuring a fair and free Internet.
President Barack Obama’s Accomplishments to Be Continued by Our Campaign
- I Am I My Brothers Keepers Initiative
- Obama Dream Act
- Obama Criminal Justice Reform
- 21st Century Police Task Force Recommendations
- Obama Deportation Services
State of the Union Address 2016
Let’s Talk About the Future Conferences
- How do we give everyone a fair shot at opportunities and security in the new economy?
- How do we make technology work for us and not against us, as we solve our biggest challenges?
- How do we keep America safe and lead the world without becoming its policeman?
- How can we make our politics reflect the best in us and not the worse?
Share the Vision
Learn more about the impact that Barack Obama has made in our country’s social and political history. As we forward his legacy, heed the clamor for continuous positive change. Take it from those who share Obama’s vision.